Thursday, May 21, 2015

I Am Restless

"Thou awakest us to delight in Thy praise; for Thou madest us for Thyself, and our heart is restless, until it repose in Thee."
Saint Augustine[1]
I am restless; I believe we all are. I can't help but think that all of us, whether we realize it or not, are relentless in our pursuit for purpose and meaningfor truth. Everything we do, from our daily actions to our life decisions, desperately cries out for a direction to turn; for a purpose to achieve; for truth in which to be rooted in. Our beings long to be fulfilled and complete. We long for a deeper purpose than merely existing to die. We yearnache, almost–for a Higher Good that can fulfill our empty souls and our anticipatory hearts. We want to be sustained, to result in something. We are like the ocean, running and running, searching for His shore.

I am searching for Truth. Because from Truth comes virtue, hope, worth, and rest. I am restless without Truth. Let us continue to be restless while we pursue God and His promise. Let us relentlessly seek Him for all of our days. Let us never find rest in anything other than the One who gives us true rest, true fulfillment. Let us forever be restless, looking for Him.

// Until the sea of glass we meet
At last completed and complete
The tide of tear and pain subside
Laughter drinks them dry

I'll be waiting, anticipating
All that I aim for, what I was made for
With every heartbeat, all of my blood bleeds
Running inside me
Looking for you \\[2]
___________________


[1] Restless by Switchfoot
[2] Augustine's Confessions, Book I

0 comments:

Post a Comment